Wednesday 18 January 2012

Aiguille du Midi – A quick morning lap down the Ronde


Yesterday I got a quick morning lap with Bjarne on Glacier Ronde. It was my favorite conditions with transformed snow and no people. The cold and stable weather have changed the snow back to old pow, and not many people seem to realize how good skiing it is. Although, heads up when we get some new snow on all this surface hoar – it can become really rock n roll with fresh snow on top. I tried my new Salomon Rocker2 with the Guardian binding as well, and I was super impressed how good and easy they where to ski. Afterwards I spent the rest of yesterday and today in Annecy at Salomon to sort out my boots for the season. I can’t wait to get out there again…

Unfortunately I have to leave the valley for a week, but ill be back beginning of February! 

The north face of Aiguille du Midi


Glacier Ronde with the Salomon Rocker2... 

Bjarne enjoying some chalky snow

And powder lower down

The exit couloir 

Myself skiing some transformed pow

And again

Claude at Salomon used to fit Stenmark's boots...

And here they are... 

No comments:

Post a Comment