Thursday 22 September 2011

Scribbles from the night


I’m sitting in the foyer of our hostel in Quito and I have been up the later part of the night due to jet lag. I like this peaceful part of the day when the world is asleep and excitement for another good adventurous day is running through my body.

Today is the first real day of a great and personally highly anticipated adventure across the Spanish-speaking world’s highest mountains. The goals and objectives are there, of course, but the most important thing is like always the unexpected subtleties of the everyday voyage.

I like this part of an adventure the most, when every possibility is open and each risk are hidden behind every corner. The future is in every beginning a mist that only extrapolation of past deeds can try to explain. But that is of course only an illusion and the mind’s way of trying to find security in a reality that is infinitely insecure.

I guess this is one of the things I have learnt to love in life – the lack of security, and as the mystics would say is “that in order to have something, nothing can ever be had”.

So now I’m standing here again in eager excitement. I feel like I am where I need to be, in the forefront of my own life. Because I have not already put a strong scale of expectations on the future, every grain of this moment feel alive, and I’m feeling ready for whatever success or failure that might come ahead. Check this life out, it’s quiet real if we only rock n roll a bit outside of the box. 

3 comments:

  1. merci Andreas, that last paragraph sums up exactly how I'm feeling about the up coming winter. Good luck down there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bro, a friend of mine just sent me a video of you skiing on Denali "south face" . I have to say you are what makes this world spin round. You give life and hope to all those other people that are in the pursuit of there dreams. The road you are on maybe lonely at times, and i am proud of you for not giving up. Once again great Job on your dream coming true in Denali. Oh and can you tell me the name of the song in the video where you are skiing down Denali, it goes something like this " and i don't give a fuck, cuz im not listening to you, any more, no, no, no, im a bad bad boy" that's part of the lyrics. if you could give me the name of the song i would appreciate it. you can send it to my e-mail if you have time kv-d@live.com

    oh and here is a quote for you journey.
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true."


    -Kirill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dong: Thanks for your words. They send warmth!
    Kirill: Big thanks brother... Timothy Leary's most important contribution as i see it was his saying; " Find the others"... Let's keep on building the brotherhood! ;)

    ReplyDelete